For the 2018-19 school year: Big Picture Philadelphia is hiring Advisors at El Centro and Vaux BPHS!
All applicants must be certified to teach high school in Pennsylvania.
Big Picture schools have a selective recruitment process because we expect advisors to make dramatic, measurable gains not just in student achievement, but in a student’s life. The challenges that today’s young adults face are enormous and very personal. That’s why we focus on educating one student at time. And that’s why we seek candidates whose philosophy and real-life experiences match nine important hiring principles, which include:
- Strong instructional leadership and team management skills
- A belief that students should be at the center of their own learning
- The expectations that all students will be prepared for post-secondary mobility
- The ability to build deep relationships with students and peers
- Strong convictions for your own personal and professional beliefs
- The pursuit of a variety of interests beyond education
- The ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- A track record of resourcefulness and being solution-oriented
- Demonstrated ambition and longevity in personal and professional pursuits
Please email Matt Prochnow with your resume, three professional references, and a short message about why you want to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Immediate opening: Positive Climate Support Team (Vaux Big Picture High School)
Our climate support team assists school staff with maintaining a climate conducive to learning; monitors, tracks and supports student behavior; and enforces school and classroom rules. We believe in a trauma-informed approach that considers current social, emotional and economic issues as they relate to urban families.
Please see below for a job description, and email Darryl Johnson
with your resume. We hope to hear from you soon!