For the 2018-19 school year: Big Picture Philadelphia is hiring a PE/Health Advisor at Vaux BPHS!
All applicants must be certified to teach high school in Pennsylvania.
Big Picture schools have a selective recruitment process because we expect advisors to make dramatic, measurable gains not just in student achievement, but in a student’s life. The challenges that today’s young adults face are enormous and very personal. That’s why we focus on educating one student at time. And that’s why we seek candidates whose philosophy and real-life experiences match nine important hiring principles, which include:
- Strong instructional leadership and team management skills
- A belief that students should be at the center of their own learning
- The expectations that all students will be prepared for post-secondary mobility
- The ability to build deep relationships with students and peers
- Strong convictions for your own personal and professional beliefs
- The pursuit of a variety of interests beyond education
- The ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- A track record of resourcefulness and being solution-oriented
- Demonstrated ambition and longevity in personal and professional pursuits
Please email Matt Prochnow with your resume, three professional references, and a short message about why you want to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you!