Vaux Big Picture High School is hiring an Advisor!
PA Certification areas: arts, Spanish, health/PE
Big Picture schools have a selective recruitment process because we expect advisors to make dramatic, measurable gains not just in student achievement, but in a student’s life. The challenges that today’s young adults face are enormous and very personal. That’s why we focus on educating one student at time. And that’s why we seek candidates whose philosophy and real-life experiences match nine important hiring principles, which include:
- Strong instructional leadership and team management skills
- A belief that students should be at the center of their own learning
- The expectations that all students will be prepared for post-secondary mobility
- The ability to build deep relationships with students and peers
- Strong convictions for your own personal and professional beliefs
- The pursuit of a variety of interests beyond education
- The ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- A track record of resourcefulness and being solution-oriented
- Demonstrated ambition and longevity in personal and professional pursuits
Please email Matt Prochnow with your resume and a short message about why you want to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
In the meantime, we are also looking for a long-term sub.
If you are interested in being a part of our team on a short-term basis, please contact us
immediately. This position could easily grow into a permanent one; we will be hiring 5+ advisors for the 2018-19 school year as well.